Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 (6”) corn tortillas
- 4 tsp. hot sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- corn oil for frying (about 1 cup)
- sour cream (for serving; optional)
- guacamole (for serving; optional)
- Drain Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans and smash with a potato masher.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Stir in butter beans and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Lay 4 tortillas on a work surface and spread with 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce each. Spoon a heaping tablespoon butter bean mixture into center of tortilla and spread down the center lengthwise. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up tight. Repeat with second half of tortillas.
- Heat oil to high and fry taquitos (4 at a time) until golden brown on every side (about 2 1/2 minutes); drain on paper towel. Serve with sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: