Total Time: 65 minutes
- 2 mediam spaghetti squash
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes with Vidalia Onions; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Blackeye peas; drained
- Parmesan cheese for grating
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half and rub with olive oil. Place all four halves (skin side up) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes then remove from oven and allow to sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, remove seeds (discard) and then using a large serving fork, scrape out inside of squash into a large mixing bowl. The threads will look like spaghetti strands. Add butter and pepper and mix to separated strands.
- Heat the tomatoes and black eye peas in 2 different bowls.
- Divide spaghetti squash between 4 heated plates and top with first the tomatoes and then the black eye peas. Grate Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 50 minutes
Rest time: 10 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: