Total Time: 22 minutes
- 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 (14.5oz) can MH Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper; small dice
- 1/2 large red bell pepper; small dice
- 6 cherry tomatoes; quartered
- 2 green onions (white part only); sliced into thin circles
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Cut ends off zucchini and slice in half lengthwise.
- Using a grapefruit spoon, remove inside meat, being careful not to damage the zucchini skin. Rub inside with a very small amount of salt; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the black eye peas, vinegar, oil, parsley, yellow & red bell peppers, tomatoes and green onions.
- Divide the mixture between the six zucchini halves.
- Grill (with the lid closed) for 6-7 minutes, watching carefully that the bottom of the zucchini do not burn. If getting too dark, move to the edges of the grill.
- Remove form heat and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grill time: 6-7 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: