Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups cubed cornbread stuffing mix
- 1-1/3 cups warmed chicken broth
- 2 tbs. butter (plus extra for buttering dish)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place cubed stuffing in a large mixing bowl and add chicken broth. Mix well; set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; add onion and celery. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove blackeye pea mixture from heat, and stir in parsley and lemon zest. Add to stuffing, mix well to combine, then transfer to a 6 cup buttered casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe uses the following products: