Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 (skinless-boneless) chicken breasts
- 1 (21 oz) bottle teriyaki marinade
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Black Beans; drained
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby arugula (or spinach)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 fresh lime; cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeño; cut into thin circles
- Place chicken in a heavy-duty plastic bag and pour in marinade
- (reserving 1/2 cup for basting chicken while it is baking).
- Allow to marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard liquid) and place
- in a glass baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes (until juices run
- clear when pierced with the tines of fork; chicken should reach
- a temperature of 160 degrees F.) occasionally basting with
- the remaining marinade. Scatter beans over chicken 10 minutes
- before removing from oven.
- Place the arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced chicken.
- Slice avocado into thin wedges and arrange onto platter along with
- the lime wedges. Scatter jalapeño rings onto chicken and serve hot
- or at room temperature.
Prep / marinating time: 2 hours
Cook time: 45 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: