- 1 (27 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans with Vidalia Onions
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced habanero pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Drain Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans with Vidalia Onions, and pour into a medium frying pan.
- Using a potato smasher, gently smash the pinto beans.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice and habanero pepper to smashed beans.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- For garnish, add a couple of dashes of hot sauce, chopped green and red onions.
This recipe uses the following products: