- 3 asparagus spears
- 3 cups cooked barley; chilled
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Buttered Corn; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes *Tiny Butter Beans; drained
- 2 scallions (green onions) sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried (powdered) mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse and peel off the tough bottom of asparagus spears.
- Place in a damp paper towel and “steam” in the microwave for about a minute and a half- you want them slightly cooked but still firm to the bite. Place in the refrigerator to chill while assembling salad.
- Place barley, corn, butter beans, and scallions in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic and dry mustard. Add to the barley mixture along with the chilled asparagus and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve with warm, crusty bread and butter, if desired.
*If butter bans are unavailable in your ares, you can substitute
with either butter peas or lima beans.
This recipe uses the following products: