Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 slices bacon; diced
- 1 small red onion; diced
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vegetable or tomato juice
- 2 (15 oz) cans Margaret Holmes Triple Succotash
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6 teaspoons dairy sour cream
- 1 small avocado; sliced thin
- lime wedges and tortilla chips for serving
1. Fry diced bacon along with onions and jalapeño in a large sauce pan until bacon almost crisp.
2. Carefully drain off excess fat and return to heat.
3. Stir in garlic, broth, tomato juice and succotash; simmer on low for 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
5. Divide between 6 soup bowls and place 1 teaspoon sour cream in the center of each bowl.
6. Garnish with thin avocado and jalapeño slices.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: