Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoons dried cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes with Vidalia Onions
- 1 (15 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup salted cocktail peanuts; copped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan to medium heat. Add onion; sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in garlic, dried cilantro, paprika, salt & pepper and peanut butter; cook one minute more. Add broth and simmer on low for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes (do not drain) and sweet potatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove form heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls and top with chopped peanuts and fresh parsley.
This recipe uses the following products: