McCall Farms Shares Delicious Recipes for Summer
Get it while it’s hot. McCall Farms invites all to enjoy their recipes for the summer months. Whether camping, visiting the beach, having a family get together or a picnic in the park, these recipes are flavorful, convenient and ideal treats for the season.
“McCall Farms offers the freshest, farm-grown canned produce available,” shares Annie Ham, marketing director at McCall Farms. “We are proud to be a part of summer celebrations and family fun. That’s why we wanted to share some recipes that family and friends can enjoy together during the summer months.”
Must try treats and recipes for delicious summer fun:
Butter Bean Hummus
- 4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans, drained (reserve 3 tbs. liquid)
- 2 tbs. sesame tahini paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3-4 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- pinch salt
- Heat 2 tbs. olive oil in a small skillet and fry shallots until almost crisp.
- Remove from heat and stir in garlic and cumin; set aside.
- Place Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans, reserved liquid, tahini paste, lemon juice, Glory Foods Hot Sauce and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until just smooth and creamy (do not over process or hummus will turn into a paste).
- Scrape into a serving dish and stir in the shallot mixture. Serve with pita bread or chips.
Blackeye Peas And Mango Salsa
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Blackeye Peas, drained
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 mangos, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- For best results, refrigerate 4 hours.
Southern Caviar Dip
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Blackeye peas, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Black Beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced 1/4”
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced 1/8”
- 1 tsp. pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tbs. cilantro leaves, minced
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours.
Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts
- The perfect on the go snack in Original, Hot & Spicy and Cajun flavors.
ABOUT MCCALL FARMS:
One of America’s leading producers of farm fresh canned vegetables and fruit, McCall Farms has been cultivating food for more than 177 years. The family-owned and operated company produces a wide variety of Southern-style products under the Margaret Holmes, Glory Foods, Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts and Bruce’s Yams, as well as private-label and foodservice products, all of which are sold nationwide. Based in Effingham, South Carolina, McCall Farms products are grown on 2,000 acres of family farmland with an additional 18,000 acres contracted throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.