Delicious Recipes for Holiday Leftovers
As families gather for the holidays, McCall Farms is offering one-of-a-kind recipes to transform holiday leftovers into meals everyone will love, using farm fresh canned vegetables.
“McCall Farms is proud to be part of holiday celebrations by providing families with recipes for delicious meals that will make leftovers shine,” shares Annie Ham, marketing director of McCall Farms.
Please see below for a collection of McCall Farms holiday recipes:
Breakfast Quiche with Greens
- 1 9” deep dish pastry pie shell, cooked
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Greens (mixed, mustard, collards, turnips or kale), drained
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, sausage or turkey
- 1 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Cool baked pie shell.
- Lightly beat eggs, half and half, mustard, pepper and salt. Spread the meat, Margaret Holmes Greens and onions in the bottom of the pie shell; sprinkle Swiss cheese and feta cheese on top.
- Pour egg mixture over greens and cheese, and lightly combine all ingredients. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F for 30 minutes.
Quick Bean & Ham Soup
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced 1/4″
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced 1/4″
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced 1/4″
- 1 1/2 cup smoked ham, cooked and diced 1/4″
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Glory Foods Great Northern Beans
- Place canola oil in a two-quart saucepan. Add onions, red and green bell peppers, and ham.
- Turn heat to medium and saute the vegetables and ham for about 3 minutes. Add a little of the chicken stock and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add the black pepper, Glory Foods Great Northern Beans and the remaining chicken broth. Heat until the soup is simmering.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and serve.
ABOUT MCCALL FARMS:
One of America’s leading producers of farm fresh canned vegetables and fruit, McCall Farms has been cultivating food for more than 177 years. The family-owned and operated company produces a wide variety of Southern-style products under the Margaret Holmes, Glory Foods, Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts and Bruce’s Yams, as well as private-label and foodservice products, all of which are sold nationwide. Based in Effingham, South Carolina, McCall Farms products are grown on 2,000 acres of family farmland with an additional 18,000 acres contracted throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.