- 1 (frozen) pie shell; defrosted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. powdered mustard
- 2 tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; drained well
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Bake empty pie shell for 5-7 min until bottom starts to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat eggs, mayo and pepper. Stir in all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Place pie shell on a baking sheet and reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Fill pie shell with mixture and bake for 45 minutes until set (if edges of pie get too dark, make a tin foil ring to cover scalloped edges.
- Cut into 6 slices and serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe uses the following products: