- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbs. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 whole (skinless, boneless) chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Fancy Tiny Field Peas
- 1/4 tsp. Cajun (or all purpose) seasoning
- 1 tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter and 1 tbs. oil in a large skillet (medium heat); add sliced onion and cook or 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Whisk in flour to coat onions and immediately stir in chicken broth. Allow to simmer for an additional 5 minutes then stir in Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and white pepper.
- In a separate (small) skillet heat remaining oil and sauté chicken for 5 minutes per side. Cut chicken into cubes and add to the gravy. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Stir together the cooked rice, Margaret Holmes Fancy Tiny Field Peas and Cajun seasoning; transfer to a heated serving platter.
- Spoon chicken and gravy over the rice and peas, and sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe uses the following products: