- 1 lb. catfish, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra & Okra
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fry bacon, and add onion and bell pepper. Saute until until they are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except catfish and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Slow cook covered for about 30 minutes.
- Add in catfish and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice just before serving.
This recipe uses the following products: